USA Business Visa (B1 Visa) allows people from foreign countries to visit the USA for business purpose. This temporary visa is limited to visitors, who want to consult with business associates, attend a scientific, educational, professional or business convention, settle an estate or negotiate a contract in the USA. Since a B-1 visa is meant for the business-related purpose only; you cannot get involved in study or work using this visa. However, you can extend the length of your stay by applying for the same. The extensions are subject to approvals and hence you must have opposite reason in order to get it approved.
Requirements for obtaining B1 visa for the USA:
- You need to demonstrate that the purpose of visiting the USA is linked to business;
- You must ensure that your stay in the USA will be for a specific, limited period;
- You need to show proof of funds to cover expenses in the United States;
- Provide evidence of compelling social and economic ties abroad; and
- You must provide proof of having a residence outside the US. as well as other binding ties which will ensure your return to home at the end of the visit.
So, if you are planning to apply for US Business visa then apart from ensuring to fulfill the above-mentioned requirements; it is important to make sure that this visa is applied for in a country of which you are a Citizen or permanent resident. Applications made in other countries often run a high risk of being turned down.